Whether you call is nose reshaping, nose refinement or nose job, all these are commonly used terms that refer to one of the most popular cosmetic procedures: rhinoplasty nose surgery as performed at https://www.rhinoplasty.ie/.
Most individuals undergo this procedure to improve the overall appearance of their nose and face which is the primary topic of this post. However, it is important to note that the nose’s primary function is breathing, and this function can ideally be improved through rhinoplasty. In this post, we are going to specifically look at the advantages of rhinoplasty and things that you need to know before deciding to go through the procedure.
Rhinoplasty Nose Surgery Specific
There are numerous reasons for a nose job. Generally, most procedures are conducted to either improve appearance by changing the size of the nose or altering the shape or to alleviate structural injury or abnormality. Here are some more specific advantages:
Fix Broken Nose- whether your nose is broken from falling, a fight or an accident, the nasal deformity can have a negative impact, both on function and appearance of your nose. Rhinoplasty seeks to fix the issue.
- Confidence- This is perhaps the primary motivator for a nose reshaping procedure.
- Correct Birth Defects- Clefts, masses, underdevelopment, lumps etc. You will not find a more dramatic life-changing potential than in the correction of birth defects with rhinoplasty.
- Improve Breathing- People with congenital or long term breathing issues are usually amazed by the difference that a nose job can make for them.
- Sinus Issues- Difficulty in breathing, feeling congested and severe headaches are all issues that arise from problems with the sinus. Fortunately, they can be alleviated through rhinoplasty.
- Restore Facial Symmetry- There is an array of issues that can be addressed through rhinoplasty including a crooked, misshapen or a bulbous tip on your nose.
- Revision Rhinoplasty- Surgical procedures are not always what we hoped for. Luckily, a revision or second rhinoplasty procedure can be done to fix the problems.
- Snoring – The disruption made by snoring is usually treated as a joke, but it is pretty serious and often leads to poor sleep quality and substantial relationship issues.
- Bullying- According to research, much of the bullying in schools centres on appearing different. Rhinoplasty, as mentioned, has the potential to make a dramatic improvement on a person’s appearance and many parents are turning to it as a way of helping.
As you can see, there are numerous reasons to consider rhinoplasty nose surgery. However, there are several things that you need to be clear on and the most important is what the procedure can do for you. In the following section, we are going to look at some of the other things you should know before deciding to undergo the procedure.
Aspects to Consider Regarding Your
Take at Least 10 Days Off From Work
Most individuals think that they will be ready for work after two or three days of recovery. However, this isn’t enough time for your body to register the procedure’s full extent and you are likely to feel worse on the third or fourth day than the first. If you take adequate time off to recover, you’ll avoid putting your body through anything other than healing and give it a chance to heal properly.
Avoid Exercising For A Month
Elevated heart rate results in swelling and this is exactly what you want to avoid after a surgical procedure. Most types of cardio workouts have a rate of over 100, which will lead to the swelling of your nose, bruise and even bleed.
Swelling and Bruising is Normal in the First
A rhinoplasty nose surgery has swelling and bruising that is similar to a broken nose. The region around your eyes will blacken after a few days and the swelling will be prevalent for up to a week. Plan the procedure around any special occasions as it will take several weeks for the bruising and swelling to resolve entirely.
The Final Result Will Be Evident After
About 12 Months
It won’t take that long to improve, but for all the swelling to go away, you will need approximately a year. Most people are surprised that their noses continue to heal for that long. You should expect to go through various asymmetry awkward stages until a year after the procedure.
Be Ready for the Symptoms
Most people who undergo rhinoplasty are usually comfortable after the surgery. As a matter of fact, severe pain is very rare. The primary symptoms that lead to discomfort in most patients include bruising, swelling and stuffiness. As such you should be ready for these symptoms. However, they are easy to manage with over the counter painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen.
Healing Happens in Stages
During the first to seven days, acute swelling will alleviate. After a few months, residual swelling will alleviate and the last stage of healing will take around one year.
Know What is Normal
Before panicking that your nose job results aren’t as expected, you should spend some time to know what is normal after the procedure. Minor bleeding, sleepiness, swelling and congestion are all normal. However, if you experience other symptoms, it is advisable to contact your practitioner.
A Follow-up After a Week is Recommended
During this time, the doctor will remove the nasal splint. Keep in mind that you will experience some pain during this procedure.
Revision Rhinoplasty Isn’t Common
For experienced surgeons, nose job revision is very low. However, it is necessary, you’ll need to wait for at least 12 months for the final result to become apparent before the second surgery.
Use Qualified and Experienced Surgeons
It is imperative that you spend time looking for a trustworthy plastic surgeon. Bedside manner and experience are the most important traits of a cosmetic surgeon. These traits will ensure that you are in the hands of a qualified and professional practitioner who knows what they are doing. Using the right surgeon will increase the chances of great results and reduce the chances of undergoing revision rhinoplasty or even dealing with unwanted symptoms.